Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Oh Erik


Erik had a lot of memorable experiences this summer that everyone kept saying, "You need to write that down". So here goes. First off, his voice is not quiet. He is like that penguin on Toy Story that has the megaphone stuck in it's throat. Whenever he talks, EVERYONE hears.
On the flight to California, he grabbed the bag in front of him and yelled, "Awesome, I'm gonna puke in here when I'm sick." The whole front of the plane turned around to look at him as I tried to explain in my not as loud voice how he isn't really sick. Just excited about the bag.
In the taxi one day, he asked, "Why are we in this guys car, and why is it so dirty?" A few minutes later, "Look mom" (holding his shirt over his nose) "this is what I do when things stink" Really?
Then a few days later, in a quiet theatre, he yells out"Look mom, there is our taxi driver" He was pointing at the screen at Hulk Hogan. (He did kinda look like Hogan)
One day, as we sat at the pool, he layed down on a chair next to an older lady and asked her why she painted her toes that color. She said "Don't you like dark red?" To which he replied "No". Well, luckily she was a retired school teacher and thought it was funny. I guess she understands kids without filters.
On the flight home it was midflight and almost silent, I (and the whole plane) hear, "Mommy, is this plane going to take us to Heaven?" To which I replied,"I hope not." (He was looking out the window at the clouds.)

No comments:

Post a Comment