
Pure Testimony-
What is a testimony? Elder Ballard defines it as this:
"A testimony is a witness or confirmation of eternal truth impressed upon individual hearts and souls through the Holy Ghost, whose primary ministry is to testify of truth, particularly as it relates to the Father and the Son. When one receives a testimony of truth through this divinely appointed process, it immediately begins to have impact on that person’s life."
"Simply stated, testimony—real testimony, born of the Spirit and confirmed by the Holy Ghost—changes lives. It changes how you think and what you do. It changes what you say. It affects every priority you set and every choice you make. To have a real and abiding testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ is to be “spiritually … born of God,” to “[receive] his image in your countenances,” and to experience a “mighty change in your hearts” (Alma 5:14).
The restoration and Atonement are wonderful. But we will be strengthened by sharing our testimonies of these things. Sharing how these things have impacted our lives. Others will feel the spirit by listening to us bear our "pure testimonies" of the Savior.
I would like to bear my testimony.
I know that the Heavenly Father is our father and that His son, Jesus Christ, atoned for my sins. I know that through his grace, I can be saved. I know that on my own, I would never have been able to do enough to achieve this on my own. This has been something I have thought about a lot lately. I am very independent and want to achieve things on my own. A few weeks ago, I tried to fix the sprinklers. I did everything that I could think of, yet it didn't work. I finally humbled myself and asked for help. My dad came and replaced the box. Easy fix, yet I couldn't do it. Heavenly Father wants to help us. He is waiting for us to ask for His help. I know that the true church is restored again on this earth. I am grateful to be a member of it.
I also know that the Book of Mormon is true. I feel so blessed to be able to study it this semester. I have gained so much knowledge and spiritual strength by learning and applying its teachings.




No comments:
Post a Comment